- Be comfortable working with large data sets using SQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, etc.
- Bring an understanding of programming concepts, and experience with programming languages such as Python, C#, Scala, R, MATLAB, C++ and others.
- Assist customers by being able to deliver a ML project from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models with concept-drift monitoring and retraining to deliver business impact to the organization
- Ability to analyze, extract, normalize, and label relevant data, and work with our engineers to operationalize models after they are prototyped
- Mastered building Reports using Power BI, Tableau, or similar technologies
- Balance art and science: outstanding analysis as well as beautifully simple visualizations
- Have mastered SQL with Relational Databases and Non-SQL databases and can navigate wide variety of data sets and tools
- Apply technical expertise with quantitative analysis, experimentation, data mining, and the presentation of data to develop strategies for our products
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to define, design, build and deploy machine learning models and frame AB tests
- Apply robust and maintainable coding practices to ensure model outputs are always provided reliably and efficiently
Education & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in predictive modeling, data science, and analysis
- 2+ years of experience in Power BI, Tableau, or similar program.
- Experience in an ML engineer or data scientist role building and deploying ML models or hands on experience developing deep learning models
- Experience handling terabyte size datasets, diving into data to discover hidden patterns, using data visualization tools, and writing SQL
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.