- Empathize, define, and ideate – Help to define new projects from the ground up
- Create and show solutions – Produce the full range of sketch to pixel-perfect design specifications for user flow processes including prototypes, mockups, and other visual designs using tools such as Adobe XD, Photoshop/Illustrator, and Milanote
- Communicate clearly – Present your work to the Product Team, UI Developers, and Stakeholders explaining your rationale and vision.
- Collaborate – Work alongside a UX Researcher and receive support and mentorship from fellow UX/UI Designers who seek and use constructive feedback.
- Define visual standards – Prepare, maintain, and follow UI style guides, visual strategies, page layouts, processes, icons, and color palettes using Adobe XD component libraries.
- Analyze and improve – Work with and improve the user experience offered by both our legacy and modern software, providing wireframes and storyboards for UX improvements that are validated through research and testing where data is valued over opinion.
- Work alongside an Agile Development Team – Work closely with software engineers to ensure your designs are implemented and functionally complete to a high standard of polish and assist with usability testing.
- Understanding of UX/UI fundamentals and best practices (research, prototyping, validation) as well as visual design (typography, information design, color and layout
- Fluency in design software (Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, or similar tools)
- Demonstratable knowledge of how to use existing research to design innovative solutions
- Demonstratable knowledge of how to work within design systems
- Visual design-related post-secondary education or training
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Previous work on CRM, Order Management, ERP, and/or E-Commerce web applications
- Experience with UX writing and/or content strategy
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 1+ years demonstrable experience as a visual designer